Silicon Valley Microelectronics provides SEMI standard and custom wafer laser marking services. SEMI standard markings include, M12, M13 and T7 marks, commonly found on all silicon wafer substrates. Other markings are also available upon request and the quality is comparable to major silicon wafer foundry marks.
Laser marking wafers allows the manufacturing process to be traced, and it is imperative that the markings are made with no residual damage to the wafer. They must also be machine readable, and not limit any other processes that are performed on the marked substrate. Our experience with laser marking ensures customers long or short term supply that can fit the unique specifications of each project.
SVM Wafer Laser Marking Capabilities:
- Wafer diameters: 50mm to 300mm
- Character height and width: upon request
- Font: 0.010 to 12
- Depth: Soft and hard laser marks available.
– Soft mark: 1-5μm in depth
– Hard mark: 5μm to 100μm in depth
- Mark location: Front or backside of wafer
- Format: Alphanumeric and barcode
- Specialty marks: Company logo, etc.
Sacrificial protective layers such as oxide, nitride, or photoresist are available to protect the wafer surface from debris generated during the laser marking process. SVM offers wafer cleaning options post marking.
Please CONTACT SVM to speak with a member of our knowledgeable team for further information on wafer laser marking, to request a quote or to discuss your current requirements.